“Cheese gets a lot of bad press for clogging arteries and packing on the pounds. But just because you shouldn’t eat an entire platter of Paula Deen’s cheese balls doesn’t mean you have to avoid cheese altogether.” says Megan Kempston of Yahoo Health
“Cheese can be both delicious and a great source of lean protein, calcium, phosphorus, and other health benefits – if you choose the right varieties. Here are five cheeses that belong on any shopping list.”
- Feta: Low in calories. Plus, with a strong flavor, you don’t need much.
- String cheese: Yep. The kid snack is also a great choice for adults.
- Parmesan: Like Feta, it has a strong flavor. Though, it is high in sodium, so be sure to use in moderation.
- Swiss: There are lots of varieties and it’s easy to find. Small slices or cubes make a great snack.
- Cottage cheese: High in protein, low in fat, and potentially used with many meals or as a snack.
Delicious! Grating a few ounces of Swiss in with my eggs sounds amazing.